Hendry Park Billboard
Parents.............Don't forget that EVERY Wednesday is an early dismissal day.
Students are dismissed at 2:20 P.M. unless there is a school delay on that day then the school day would be normal.
Friday, September 26th is a Teacher work day, no students. October 20th and October 22nd are Teacher/Parent Conference days for Elelmentary. October 24th and 27th are Fall Break Days, No school. Thanksgiving Break is November 26, 27, & 28th.
Looking ahead to a new school year. Picture day is September 12th. September 19th is Roadrunner Rally Day. Welcome to our new PTO Staff for the 2014-2015 school year! They are: Kathy Webber-President, Chelsea Rice-Vice President, Nick Molyneux-Secretary, Jennifer Craig-Treasurer.
Welcome to Hendry Park Elementary!
"Hendry Park, a caring school community, is dedicated to exemplary achievement and personal responsibility."
Hendry Park is one of four elementary schools in the MSD of Steuben County. Our mascot is the Roadrunner. The staff members at Hendry Park have all made a commitment to our following mission:
- providing a safe and caring learning environment
- educating the whole child - academically, socially, physically, and emotionally
- student - centered, achievement-oriented instruction in all content areas as directed by the MSD of Steuben County curriculum
- on-going professional development and collaboration aligned with our School Improvement Plan
- developing and maintaining cooperative partnerships with stakeholders
- preparing our students to be productive, responsible citizens of our nation and of the world
Steuben County has 101 lakes, with Lake James being the second largest natural lake in the state. If you enjoy the outdoors, Pokagon State Park provides a multitude of activities. You can also travel a few short hours and be in Detroit, Chicago, Toledo, or Indianapolis.
We currently have approximately 420 students enrolled in grades K-5. Believing that all children can learn, but in different ways, our teachers use a variety of instructional strategies. All teachers are actively involved in professional development opportunities that keep them on the cutting edge of research-based education practices.
It is the policy of The Metropolitan School District of Steuben County to provide equal access to all employment and educational opportunities regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, creed or ancestry, age, gender, marital status, or disability.
Mrs. Kristin Sine, Principal
805 South Washington Street
Angola, Indiana 46703