Hendry Park Billboard
Parents.............Don't forget that EVERY Wednesday is an early dismissal day.
Students are dismissed at 2:20 P.M. unless there is a school delay on that day then the school day would be normal.
First day of school for the 2014-2015 year is August 20th and Open House will be the 18th from 5:00 to 6:00 P.M. Look for information in your mail mid August. Kindergarten Testing is August 4, 5 and 6th, look for reminder postcard in the mail.
Looking ahead to a new school year. September 1st is Labor day that is a school holiday. Picture day is September 12th. September 26th is a Professional Developement day for teachers therefore that is a no student day.
Welcome to Hendry Park Elementary!
"Hendry Park, a caring school community, is dedicated to exemplary achievement and personal responsibility."
Hendry Park is one of four elementary schools in the MSD of Steuben County. Our mascot is the Roadrunner. The staff members at Hendry Park have all made a commitment to our following mission:
- providing a safe and caring learning environment
- educating the whole child - academically, socially, physically, and emotionally
- student - centered, achievement-oriented instruction in all content areas as directed by the MSD of Steuben County curriculum
- on-going professional development and collaboration aligned with our School Improvement Plan
- developing and maintaining cooperative partnerships with stakeholders
- preparing our students to be productive, responsible citizens of our nation and of the world
Steuben County has 101 lakes, with Lake James being the second largest natural lake in the state. If you enjoy the outdoors, Pokagon State Park provides a multitude of activities. You can also travel a few short hours and be in Detroit, Chicago, Toledo, or Indianapolis.
We currently have approximately 420 students enrolled in grades K-5. Believing that all children can learn, but in different ways, our teachers use a variety of instructional strategies. All teachers are actively involved in professional development opportunities that keep them on the cutting edge of research-based education practices.
It is the policy of The Metropolitan School District of Steuben County to provide equal access to all employment and educational opportunities regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, creed or ancestry, age, gender, marital status, or disability.
Mrs. Kristin Sine, Principal
805 South Washington Street
Angola, Indiana 46703